Programming Languages and Technologies
Senior Software EngineerJune 2016 – Present
Web Commerce DeveloperApril 2015 – May 2016
Working with a variety of large Adobe Experience Manager(AEM) applications as well as several Magento Enterprise Edition installations.
- Integrating REST APIs into AEM and Magento including commerce and authentication providers.
- Implementing AEM Granite Workflows.
- Implementing Magento EE extensions, integrations and themes.
- Created Apache Solr powered AEM search with dynamic filtering and results.
- Created Brightcove powered configurable video player carousel and car advertising component for AEM.
Web DeveloperAugust 2014 – December 2015
Collaborated with Telegraphics' in-house development team on WordPress projects and aided in overall project efficiency and workflow improvement.
- Travel to client sites to help determine scope and provide technical expertise for upcoming projects.
- Developed WordPress plugins adhering to strict WordPress Plugin API standards for custom functionality in client websites.
- Updated and refactored a legacy Zend framework based WordPress plugin, which provided event registration functionality, Authorize.net integration, and communication with a Microsoft Dynamics CRM API.
- Integrated a Git server into the team’s workflow and trained the team on version control best practices and standards.
- Helped the development team set up their local environments to handle multiple projects and work more efficiently, which improved their local to production workflow.
Magento DeveloperNovember 2012 – August 2014
Terlato Wines International (Uncorked.com)
Developed new modules for and maintained Magento Enterprise Edition codebase as the direct to consumer portal for over 50 wineries.
- Improved efficiency and decreased load time by refactoring front end templates.
- Wrote category population module to automatically aggregate products based on user specified criteria and dynamically sort them into categories, improving category accuracy and saving the marketing team 10-15 hours of work per week.
- Developed hole punching system to allow dynamic elements to populate into cached pages.
- Created AJAX based add-to-cart system that integrates product compliance check based on the user’s selected shipping state.
- Developed payment option filtering module to selectively display options based on product types in the user’s cart.
- Integrated all new functionality into Magento’s crontab scheduling system for seamless automation.
Owner/Web DeveloperAugust 2009 – December 2015
Orchid Tree Interactive
Collaborated with companies from small start-ups to national non-profits such as the YMCA to build customer facing portals as well as internal web applications.
- Implemented full-featured e-commerce solutions in Magento and Wordpress e-Commerce.
- Built custom Wordpress plugins for clients to incorporate a variety of specialized functions into user-friendly widgets, shortcodes, and simple menu choices.
- Manage Amazon Web Services (AWS) and location based servers.
- Developed Rated90.com using a customized CodeIgniter/Wordpress platform to utilize the MVC framework of CodeIgniter while still maintaining the easy to use Wordpress platform for blog capabilities.
- Launched an international professional networking platform for MBAVeterans, Inc. which was featured in the Wall Street Journal in February 2010.
Senior Application DeveloperJanuary 2012 – September 2012
Built full featured desktop and mobile ready websites as well as internal tools for clients nationwide.
- Assisted the account team by conducting discovery calls and providing accurate work estimates for clients.
- Allocated and managed appropriate development resources to accomplish projects on time.
- Collaborated with designers to align the client’s vision with the working product.
- Oversaw full life cycle projects from wireframe to delivery.
- Managed all company and client servers.
Interactive DeveloperAugust 2010 – January 2012
Managed projects for Craftsman, Kenmore, and Gladiator Garageworks as lead developer of the Chicago branch of ARS Advertising.
- Led a 4-person development team through high visibility projects using both SVN and Git version control.
- Built Magento themes on a multi-store Magento platform.
- Developed several custom Wordpress plugins and admin panels to control full-featured catalog systems.
- Worked closely with IT and server administrators to establish and maintain LAMP server environments.
Research AssistantMay 2009 - August 2009
Energy Biosciences Institute - University of Illinois
- Assisted two post-doctoral researchers in their daily investigation of the biotic stresses of bioenergy crops.
- Independently completed fieldwork essential to ongoing biological assays.
- Performed daily microscopy tasks using compound and dissection microscopes.
Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL
- Majors: Physics, Applied Physics
- Minors: Biology, Mathematics
- Study Abroad: Ethnobotany in China – Summer 2008
- Undergraduate Computational Research: Heat Conduction in Nano-Scale Aluminum Nitride/Gallium Nitride/Aluminum Nitride(AlN/GaN/AlN) Hetero-Structures – Spring/Fall 2006